HIGH SCIENCE: OUR “MIND-BLOWING” NEW SERIES
There is a higher chance that we live in a computer simulation than not. Wrap your head around that one. Now smoke a bowl, and try to explain that on camera. Welcome to High Science.
What is High Science?
High Science is a comedy web series where a weekly “Scientist” guest smokes up and attempts to explain complicated scientific concepts. Done in the style of the crappy VHS videos we were all shown in High School, each episode’s Bill Nye-type host attempts to explain concepts like evolution, the infinitely expanding universe, and how airplanes work.
How Does It Go Down?
Our fearless host and comedian “Scientist” guest partake in some vehicle for THC, be it from a bong, a bowl, or brownie. The guest then dons the lab coat, walks in front of the green screen, ands behind the teacher’s desk –– it’s time for today’s lesson.
As the guest struggles to articulate the episode’s concept, the editing, graphics, and visual demonstrations rigidly adhere to what the host says, for better or worse. Despite our blazed guest, we do strive for factual accuracy. Either the host or the on screen graphics will correct the Scientist to make sure that at the end of the day the viewer actually learns something too. Fun, AND educational!
What Are Some Example Episodes
The best episodes of High Science are the ones the dabble in the obscure, the awe-inspiring, and the hard-to-explain.
- What is the Universe Expanding Into? (If the universe is all of existence, and it’s expanding… what is it expanding into?
- Things Don’t Exist When We Aren’t Looking (Quantum physics and the classic Shrödinger’s Cat scenario)
- When Will The Machines Take Over? (From nanobots to supercomputers, it seems way too likely that we will have robot overlords)
- Um How Do Nuclear Reactors EVEN (How do they work? Watch a stoned comedian attempt to be a nuclear physicist)
- Why Time Stops In A Black Hole (Time travel, wormholes, and the Theory of Relativity)
- How Do Drugs Work? (The most important episode of all)
Who Let This Happen?
Created by Future Boyfriend Kyle Vorbach, the initial run of episodes co-produced by Alyssa Berdie and Host Sydney Morin became Future Boyfriends’ flagship web series at launch. Check out our first episode below! Future Boyfriends is now looking for a new home for a new and improved run of High Science.
High Science is a Future Boyfriends original production.
- Kyle Vorbach – Executive Producer
- Sydney Morin – Host / Producer
- Alyssa Berdie – Producer
For business inquiries, please reach out here.